POMEGRANATE & DARK CHOCOLATE BITES

So, um, this recipe is ridiculously simple, but I'd feel guilty if I kept it all to myself. We are talking three very simple ingredients, minimal prep time, and maximum flavor.

Pomegranate + Dark Chocolate + Sea Salt + 5 to 8 minutes of your time = FABULOUS LITTLE TREATS

I basically put pomegranate into everything possible. It's bright, tastes great, and adds a dash of drama to any dish.

Once, I insisted a catering manager at an event I attended call the chef so I could tell him that I thought putting pomegranate seeds and mint into a simple fattoush salad was inspired. I really do appreciate good food at events (it can often be so blah) and anytime anyone adds pomegranate I feel I've found a kindred spirit...but I realize now that calling the chef may have been slight overkill. But only slight!

I'd recommend using a high quality dark chocolate for this easy, little recipe. Poms are in season, in the Northern Hemisphere, September to February (Aussies, sorry, you have to wait till March). So, this little treat would make a great Valentine's Day gift - as opposed to a foil wrapped (delicious, but not-so-great-for-you) chocolate heart.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
  • 5.25 ounces (150 grams) good dark chocolate, melted*
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Across 12 muffin cups, sprinkle a single layer of pomegranate seeds.
  • Add the melted dark chocolate to a piping bag or plastic bag. Snip off the end, so a small stream of chocolate can come out.
  • Pipe a crisscross pattern of chocolate across the pomegranate seeds. Add another layer of pomegranate seeds, then more chocolate, and then the last layer of pomegranate seeds.
  • Finish with a pinch of sea salt on each of the pom chocolate bites.
  • Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. After removing from the fridge, serve immediately.
Next Post Previous Post