Blistered Olives

 Oh man I love this recipe! And you guys are going to too! First, it’s the easiest thing ever! Second, it’s the yummiest snack, salad topping, for Bruschetta Bar accompaniment.

I first had roasted olives with my husband on our first anniversary trip.  We were at a fantastic Tapas restaurant in the lower east side of Manhattan.  These came as one of the sides with your order of the various tapas.  Oh. Man.  I think I snarfed them in about 2.8 seconds.  If it took that long.  The flavor in the olives that the roasting brings out is TO DIE FOR!  Plus the addition of garlic, chili flakes and lemon zest, just makes this dish so good!  A real punch flavor!

Did I also mention it’s, umm, the easiest thing ever?  Yes?  Well that’s because it is!  I think it takes all of 4 minutes.  And that includes devouring time!
Ingredients :
1 Jar Green Olives
1 tsp fresh garlic, chopped finely
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 Tbls Olive Oil
Zest of 1 lemon

Instructions :
In a saute pan, heat olive oil on medium.
Add Garlic, Chili flakes, Lemon and Olives.
Toss to coat everything.
Saute olives over medium heat for about 5 or so minutes, until just starting to brown.
Next Post Previous Post