Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas with Goat Cheese and Pesto. An unexpected and delicious choice for grilling season!
- 1 small zucchini, diagonally sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 small summer squash, diagonally sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 small red onion, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, cleaned and sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- white pepper
- 4 whole grain tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Soft Wraps)
- 4 tablespoon pesto, divided
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 oz goat cheese, divided
- Start by preparing your vegetables. Drizzle the sliced vegetables with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and white pepper.
- Place vegetables on the grill (or in a grill pan) and cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until just tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut the grilled vegetables into roughly 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- To assemble each quesadilla: Spread a tortilla with 1 tablespoon pesto. Sprinkle ¼ cup mozzarella cheese on ½ of the tortilla. Add ¼ of the grilled vegetables and crumble 1 oz of goat cheese over them. Sprinkle another ¼ cup mozzarella on top and fold the tortilla over to close.
- Place the quesadilla on a lightly oiled grill (or grill pan) and cook for 3 minutes on each side until the cheese in fully melted. Slice and serve the classiest quesadillas ever.