Quinoa Strawberry Avocado Salad

There is something magical about strawberry season to me. It returns me to my childhood, when I spent the summers with my grandma in the village. She was growing really big, delicious strawberries and every other day we were picking them ripe and red as rubies… It looked like there were too many of them. But not for me. I was insatiable. I still am, if we are talking about these magical berries. I still remember the taste of the fresh strawberry jam my grandma was making… Oh, those memories! They can carry you away. They really can. Let’s get back to the present time and find out what I want to share with you today guys. The equation is simple: strawberries + avocado = DOUBLE LOVE!! If you were looking for the perfect summer meal, here it is – Quinoa Strawberry Avocado Salad.
This salad is made with strawberries, avocado, quinoa, feta, walnuts, arugula, and dressed with a honey and lime dressing. I mean, could it be any better? I am serious. I think it just couldn’t. I know this phrase is really overused, but I have to say it – this combination is made in heaven! Here you go, I did it. I just can’t come up with better words to describe this mouthwatering summer salad.

Look at these gorgeous colors which are so vibrant! The different textures of the ingredients keep this salad from being boring and make this dish a crowd favorite. Yummy, healthy, easy, fresh, nutritious, you name it. This is one of those times when you know that the dish is super delicious just by looking at it. You just know. What’s not to be delicious about this?

This Quinoa Strawberry Avocado Salad is light and filling at the same time. It combines sweet and salty flavors with crunchy and soft textures. Perfect for the summertime!
Ingredients

For The Salad:
1 big avocado , halved, seeded, peeled, and diced
2 cup strawberries , quartered
2/3 cup cooked quinoa , cooled
1/4 cup chopped walnuts , toasted
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
a small handful of arugula

For The Dressing:
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper , to taste

Instructions
In a small jar with a lid, combine the lime juice, olive oil, honey, and mustard. Cover and shake until mixed well. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss again. Serve.
Next Post Previous Post