Braided Apple Pie

It was nice to have a semi-long weekend.  While I had Thursday and Friday off, I worked Saturday and Sunday at The Chopping Block.   We had a nice Thanksgiving, having my Mom and Jacob’s family over – I think it’s the first time in a very long time that he’s had his Dad and his brother at the same dinner table, regardless of it being Thanksgiving.  Jacob’s grandparents came too, bringing deviled eggs and stuffing, and his Mom joined us later for dessert.

Hannah did the side dishes, I grilled up turkey breasts, wings and legs, and I made an apple pie.   I actually decided to switch up my usual apple pie.  Whenever I think about apple pie, it reminds me of when Tony decided to dress up my apple pie before going into the oven several Thanksgivings ago:

This will be a tough week for me as we are nearing the two year anniversary of his death.  I miss how he made me laugh, his hugs and his kiss.   How can it be two years already?!

So as not to start crying, let’s get back to the pie.  I watched several youtube videos on my train ride home last Wednesday night.   I’ve seen braided pies before and thought “could it be that difficult?!”  Well, the answer is yes and no.  Braiding on a table is a lot different from braiding hair, but after a couple tries I got the hang of it.  I also cheated and used refrigerated pie dough.
Next Post Previous Post